1. PIPC to MedPAC: Avoid Use of QALY in Medicare Coverage Policy. Click here to read the letter.
2. PCORI Funds Patients' and Pharmacists' Work to Address Social Determinants of Health. Click here to read the article.
3. Emerging Threats in States for Use of Discriminatory Metrics, see details below.
4. Upcoming Workshop Series: Accelerating the Use of PCOR Findings to Improve Health and Health Care. Click here to view the project page.
5. IVI Announces Health Equity Initiative. Click here to view the press release.
6. Lawmakers Introduce Legislation Barring the Use of QALYs in Federal Programs. Click here to view the press release.
7. ISPOR Conference: Can Pharmaceutical Pricing Move Beyond Cost QALY for Value Consideration? Click here to read the article.
8. PIPC Joins Over 60 Organizations Urging CMS to Reject QALY's in OR Waiver Renewal Application. Click here to read the letter.
9. Upcoming PCORI Funding Announcement to Fund Studies on the Science of Engagement - Postponed until July 12, 2022. Click here for more details.
10. Speaking Up on ADA with Tony Coelho. Click here to view the one pager.
11. NCD Health Equity Framework Includes Recommendation Against Use of QALYs, Following BBB Recommendation. Click here to view the framework.
12. Value Our Health: Advancing Value Assessment Principles Centered on Patients and People with Disabilities. See below for details.
13. International News: What Happens in Countries Using QALYs and Cost-Based Thresholds to Determine Coverage? See below for more.
14. ICER's QALY-Based Study Topics. Click here to provide patient input.
15. Upcoming Events and Webinars, see details below.
16. Medical Journal Articles, see details below.
17. AHRQ Effective Program Updates, see details below.