1. Issue Brief: Implications of Reliance on Health Technology Assessment in the VA and TRICARE Formularies. Click here to read the full report.
2. Washington Must Help Patients Choose, Not Dictate Their Care. Click here to read the article.
3. DREDF Comments on Tenncare III and Impact on People with Disabilities. Click here to view the comments.
4. PIPC Chairman Tony Coelho Applauds HHS Report Acknowledgment of Equity and Access Implications of Discriminatory Metrics and Urges Policymakers to Avoid One-Size Fits-All Value Judgements. See details below.
5. PIPC Submits Comment Letter to ICER on Draft Evidence Report for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Click here to read the letter.
6. PIPC Comments on PCORI Proposed National Priorities for Health, click here to read the letter.
7. PCORI Announces Engagement Award on Consideration of the Full Range of Outcomes Data - DUE October 1, 2021, see details below.
8. New Funding Opportunities - Applications Due October 5. Click here to read more.
9. New Disability Equity Collaborative Paper Identifies Research Priorities for Advancing Equitable Care for People with Disabilities. Click here to read the press release.
10. It is Time to Let Go of the QALY’s Legacy of Discrimination. Click here to read the article.
11. 2021 PCORI Annual Meeting Scheduled for Nov. 17-19, click here for details.
12. International News: What Happens in Countries Using QALYs and Cost-Based Thresholds to Determine Coverage? See below for more.
13. Emerging Threats in States for Use of Discriminatory Metrics, see details below.
14. IVI to Hold Second Methods Summit, click here to learn more.
15. ICER's QALY-Based Study Topics: Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Myasthenia Gravis, Atopic Dermatitis, Alzheimer's Disease, Asthma, Type 2 Diabetes, click here to provide patient input.
16. Upcoming Events and Webinars, see details below.
17. Medical Journal Articles, see details below.
18. AHRQ Effective Program Updates, see details below.