Today, PCORI announced that Deputy Executive Director Anne Beal, MD, MPH, will be leaving on March 9 for a new position as Senior Vice President and Chief Patient Officer with Sanofi S.A., where she will work with various divisions of the firm to create a holistic understanding of the patient’s daily experience and translate patient concerns into novel healthcare delivery solutions. Dr. Beal was PCORI’s first Chief Officer for Engagement and also its first Chief Operating Officer.
PIPC Weekly Update - February 24, 2014
In This Week’s Issue:
1. PCORI Blog: On Contracts: Happy Anniversary to Our Merit Reviewer Mentor Program, click here to view blog post.
2. Opinion: A Health Care Revolution Threatened, click here to view op-ed.
3. Video: Engaging Patients to Drive Innovation, click here to view the video.
4. National Journal: The Underlying Condition: Increasing Diversity in Clinical Trials, click here to view the article.
5. Politico: Is Patient Consent Always Required in Research, click here to view the article.
PIPC Weekly Update - February 17, 2014
In This Week’s Issue:
1. PCORI Director Selby: PCORI at 3 Years - Progress, Lessons, and Plans, click here to read the full post.
2. PCORI Blog: Our First Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Awards Funding Announcement, click here to ready the full post.
3. Pink Sheet: PCORI In Brief: New Board Member, Funding Opportunities, click here to view the article (subscription required).
4. CBS Affiliate: Researchers Hope New Data Collaborative Will Lower Health Care Costs, Improve Treatment (Video), click here to view the article.
5. Avalere Health: AHRQ White Paper Offers Payer Perspectives on How to Improve the Usability of AHRQ's CER Reviews for Decision Making, click here to view the full statement.
PIPC Weekly Update - February 10, 2014
In This Week's Issue:
1. PIPC Welcomes Dr. Alicia Fernandez to PCORI Board of Governors, click here to view the statement.
2. PCORI Announces the Patient and Family Engagement Rubric, click here to view the summary.
3. PCORI Offers $206M in Research Support through Latest Funding Announcements; Includes $15M to Study Avoidable Hospital Readmissions, click here and here to view the press releases.
4. PCORI Director Selby: Focusing on High-Impact Comparative Studies: Cardiovascular Disease in the Spotlight, click here to view the op-ed.
5. PCORI Blog: Advisory Panels: An Exciting Start to 2014, click here to view the blog post.
6. Pink Sheet: To Get the Most Out Of Health CER, Hire a Mathematician, Conferees Say, click here for the article (subscription required).
7. Behavioral Healthcare: ACA-funded "Comparative Effectiveness" Research Group Invites Behavioral Health Grant Applications, click here to read the article.
PIPC welcomes Alicia Fernandez, MD, as the newest member of the PCORI Board of Governors. PIPC Chairman Tony Coelho stated, “I want to congratulate Dr. Fernandez on her appointment to the PCORI Board of Governors. I look forward to learning more about her work to engage patients in research, and particularly her insight on how to make research relevant to subpopulations that often receive disparate care in our healthcare system. It is important that the PCORI Board of Governors represent diverse stakeholder views, as was intended by Congress. PIPC’s members look forward to working with Dr. Fernandez to advance PCORI’s work in a manner that engages patients and clinicians so that research findings are useful at the point of healthcare decision-making.”
In This Week’s Issue:
1. PIPC Chairman Tony Coelho Responds to Bloomberg Op-Ed on PCORI, click here to view the statement.
2. PIPC/AGA Dissemination & Implementation Roundtable, click here to view the blog post.
3. PCORI Releases "Dashboard" Displaying Accomplishments of 2013, click here to view.
4. PCORI Approves $5 Million to Fund Methods Research with PROMIS, click here to view the press release.
5. PCORI Blog: Evaluating the PCORI Way: First Steps, click here to view the blog post.
6. Pink Sheet: PCORI's Selby Expects More Drug-Related Comparative Research In 2014; Repeal Rhetoric Declines in Congress, click here and here for the articles (subscription required).
7. CQ HealthBeat: PCORI Could Look to NIH, FDA and Industry for Funds for Data Networks, click here for the article (subscription required).
8. Inside Health Policy: Senate GOP's Alternative To Obamacare Leaves ACA Medicare Reforms In Place, click here to read the article (subscription required).