1. PIPC Holds 12th Annual Forum: The Call to Action to Bar Reference to Discriminatory Metrics in U.S. Health Pricing and Coverage Policy. Click here to view the forum.
2. IHP: Disability Agency Urges Congress to Ban QALYs in All Federal Programs. Click here to read the article ($).
3. IVI-MDD Value Model Draft Protocol: Public Comment Period is Open! See details below.
4. Patient Advocates Push to Overhaul Oregon Medicaid's 'Prioritized List' for Care. Click here to read the article.
5. NCD Calls for Build Back Better to Bar QALYs Throughout Medicare and Medicaid. Click here to view the letter.
6. PIPC and Morning Consult Publish Poll Showing Strong Support for NCD Recommendations to Ban QALYs. Click here to view the poll results.
7. PCORI Seeks Nominations for Advisory Panels. Click here to learn more, submit a nomination, or apply to be on an advisory panel.
8. DUE TODAY: Health Affairs Submits Request for Abstracts - Disability and Health. Click here to view the full release.
9. Effective Treatments for People with Chronic Diseases and Disabilities are Being Denied Based on the Discriminatory Quality-Adjusted Life Year. Click here to read the full article.
10. DREDF Releases Report Responding to a Flawed ICER Analyses, Instead Finds that QALY Violates Disability Nondiscrimination Law. Click here to view the report.
11. Upcoming opportunity within the Center for Evidence and Practice Improvement at AHRQ, see details below.
12. International News: What Happens in Countries Using QALYs and Cost-Based Thresholds to Determine Coverage? See below for more.
13. Emerging Threats in States for Use of Discriminatory Metrics, see details below.
14. ICER's QALY-Based Study Topics: Beta Thalassemia, Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia, COVID-19, Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Asthma, Unsupported Price Increase, Fair Access: Coverage Policies. Click here to provide patient input.
15. Upcoming Events and Webinars, see details below.
16. Medical Journal Articles, see details below.
17. AHRQ Effective Program Updates, see details below.