1. PIPC and Morning Consult Publish Poll Showing Strong Support for NCD Recommendations to Ban QALYs. Click here to view the poll results.
2. Patient Advocates Push to Overhaul Oregon Medicaid's 'Prioritized List' for Care. Click here to read the article.
3. PIPC Annual Forum: Save the Date for December 14 at 12pm! See details below.
4. Health Affairs Submits Request for Abstracts - Disability and Health. Click here to view the full release.
5. Effective Treatments for People with Chronic Diseases and Disabilities are Being Denied Based on the Discriminatory Quality-Adjusted Life Year. Click here to read the full article.
6. Assessing the Value of Medicine for Diverse Patients: Implications of a QALY Approach for Health Disparities. Click here to read the full findings and report.
7. NCD Calls for Build Back Better to Bar QALYs Throughout Medicare and Medicaid. Click here to view the letter.
8. Arthritis Foundation and Innovation and Value Initiative Release Paper Highlighting Patient Perspectives in Rheumatoid Arthritis. Click here to read the full press release and here to view the white paper.
9. Use of QALY and Similar Metrics has Real and Tragic Implications for People with Disabilities. Click here to read the article.
10. DREDF Releases Report Responding to a Flawed ICER Analyses, Instead Finds that QALY Violates Disability Nondiscrimination Law. Click here to view the report.
11. Issue Brief: Implications of Reliance on Health Technology Assessment in the VA and TRICARE Formularies. Click here to read the full report.
12. Washington Must Help Patients Choose, Not Dictate Their Care. Click here to read the article.
13. Upcoming opportunity within the Center for Evidence and Practice Improvement at AHRQ, see details below.
14. International News: What Happens in Countries Using QALYs and Cost-Based Thresholds to Determine Coverage? See below for more.
15. Emerging Threats in States for Use of Discriminatory Metrics, see details below.
16. ICER's QALY-Based Study Topics: Beta Thalassemia, Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia, COVID-19, Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Asthma, Unsupported Price Increase, Fair Access: Coverage Policies. Click here to provide patient input.
17. Upcoming Events and Webinars, see details below.
18. Medical Journal Articles, see details below.
19. AHRQ Effective Program Updates, see details below